Saturday, December 24, 2022

As Promised


 

Our church signed up to be in the East Ridge Christmas Parade this year.  I drove my old ’96 pickup truck with my trailer.  We used OSB panels and fake Christmas gifts to point to “The Greatest Gift of All: Jesus”.  We bagged and handed out 1200 bags of candy.  But the best part was the gospel tract in each bag of candy.  It was great advertisement for the church, but more importantly, a great way to get out the Good News of salvation.  I had 2X4 wooden arms extending out on each side of the truck with artificial snow-making machines on each arm.  They were a hit!  Children thought that it was real snow!  I bought the machines online and ordered four gallons of snow-making solution as well.  I was a little skeptical that the four gallons of liquids would arrive safely, and I was correct.  The box had been roughly treated in transit, even though it was clearly labeled as fragile and liquid.  The mailman filed a damaged contents document, and I contacted the company’s customer service department.  They were apologetic and promised a replacement gallon of solution.  But it never came.  I contacted them again but got no help nor any answers.  Have you ever had a promise from someone who failed to deliver?  Have you ever bought a product that wasn’t what you expected?  Or have you ever been disappointed by a promised service that wasn’t what it claimed to be?  People may disappoint you, but the dear Lord will never disappoint you.  Jesus Christ will prove to be more than you expect and better than you ever imagined!  When I trusted in Jesus as my Savior, the benefits just kept getting better and better!  Paul said in I Thessalonians 5:24, “Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.”  Hey, if Jesus promises to do something for you, He will deliver.  And you can count on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment