Friday, December 2, 2022

Repurposed



 

Our church is “old school”.  Oh, we like to sing praise choruses, but most are conservative.  We use PowerPoint for the song service, but we have hymnals in the pews.  The old song books are getting worn and showing their age (sort of like me).  But new hymnals are pricey, so we need to take care of the ones that we have.  So, I bought book-binding tape and corner protectors that match the color of our hymnals and have begun repairing the hymnals one at a time.  Each Sunday morning, I pick up one or two hymnals that have tears in the spline and take them home with me.  I tape the spline and corners and bring them back with me Sunday night (That’s right, we still have Sunday night services).  It has taken a while, but I have repaired over a hundred hymnals.  And the repaired hymnals should last a few more years.  Hey, I’m glad that the dear Lord is in the repairing business too.  And He doesn’t just rescue a twenty-dollar song book, He rescues an eternal soul!  I’m so glad that Jesus redeemed my soul April 17, 1956 and gave me a new lease on life!  Hey, have you had your soul rebound by the good Lord?  He will make it brand new!  Trust Him, and you’ll never be sorry that you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment