Friday, December 23, 2022

A New Day


 

I got up this morning and it was 11°!  Yikes!!  But when I got out to the car, I couldn’t find any of those degrees.  I think they were all huddling behind the house waiting for the sun to come up.  Yesterday, I was outside in fifty degree weather putting a metal roof on a new shed that I had built, but this morning, the temperature had dropped forty degrees!  I plan on selling Mistletoe with my two grandsons this morning to earn some money for Christmas presents (them, not me).  Maybe people will feel sorry for us and buy us out.  Or … maybe they will turn me in for child abuse, out in sub-freezing temperatures.  Oh well.  What a difference a day can make.  And what a difference a day made 2,000 years ago in Bethlehem.  One day, Mary was very pregnant, newly arrived in Bethlehem, and the next day, Christmas morning, the Savior of the world was born!  One of the names of Jesus was Emmanuel (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23), which means, God with us.  Wow!  Think of the Creator of the Universe dwelling with mankind!  Yes, indeed, what a difference a day can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment