Saturday, December 17, 2022

The Perfect Gift


 

I stopped by the home of two dear friends (three, counting their sweet little boy) this afternoon with some Christmas gifts.  I have been making things this year in my basement and garage, and it was time to give them away.  I wrapped them up and was excited to think of the joy they would bring.  As I carried the gifts into the house, my friends had no idea what was insider that brown paper wrapping.  Really.  They seemed surprised and excited when they opened the gifts.  But the pleasure was all mine.  I knew what the gifts were, and I was beside myself as I wrapped them and finally carried them over.  One I had finished three months ago and the other I had finished two months ago, and my anticipation had been growing all that time.  It reminded me of the gift that God gave at Christmas so many years ago.  The Father knew His plan from the beginning of time, and God was excited to unfold His plan for the redemption of mankind.  And God’s plan was perfect in every way.  Paul said in Romans 11:33, “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!”  God is so wise and so good!  And His plan for redemption … well, what can I say about His wonderful gift to mankind?!  The baby Jesus was perfect in every way, lived a sinless life, and died the perfect sacrifice for the sins of the whole world!  Jesus was the perfect gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment