Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Sleeping In


 

Tuesday morning, I woke up at 5:45 am, which is very late for me.  I usually get up at 4 am MWF to take my dear wife to dialysis.  But it was Tuesday, and I didn’t have anything special going on, and I didn’t have to get up, so I didn’t.  I went back to sleep.  Oh, yes, I did!  Then I woke up again at 7:15 am, had the same pleasant thought, and went back to sleep.  I finally got up at 8:13 am!  But I felt so refreshed!  I think my body was trying to tell me, “You need more sleep.”  Hey, have you ever realized that you had a coldness towards the good Lord?  Have you ever suddenly thought, “I’m not as close to God as I should be, as close to God as I want to be.”?  Well, that’s the Holy Spirit nudging you to renew your relationship with the Lord.  So, when you have that feeling of estrangement from God, take a few extra minutes to read a few extra verses in your Bible and linger a little longer in your prayer time.  Just like me taking a few extra minutes of refreshing sleep, take a few extra minutes of refreshing fellowship with the good Lord.  Jesus said in John 16:13, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth …”  Let the Holy Spirit guide you … and He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment