Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Perfect!


 

Have you ever pitched a strikeout?  Have you thrown a touchdown pass?  How about baking that perfect meringue on top of a perfectly baked pie?  Well, this morning, I topped them all!  I have white and blue dress shirts that are no-iron, wrinkle-free 100% cotton.  But to get that freshly laundered look, I have to get them out of the dryer at just the perfect time.  If I take them out too soon, they are damp wrinkled.  But if I wait until the cool down cycle is completed, I run the risk of the dryer stopping and getting them wrinkled as they lay there in the dryer at the bottom of the pile of dried clothes.  There is a buzzer on the dryer, but the dryer is in the basement.  Bummer.  Often. I put the forgotten dress shirts back into the dryer with the next load of damp clothes, but I usually forget them again.  I have more than once put clean dress shirts back into the washer for a second time only to miss the opportunity in the dryer cycle.  But … this morning, at the exact moment that I got to the bottom of the stairs, I heard the dryer stop!  I was not a second early nor a second late!  Just perfect!  Hey, Jesus was born at just the perfect time too!  Paul said in Galatians 4:4&5, “But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.”  What a perfect birth at the perfect time!  Better than a no hitter, a double double, a hat-trick, and a crisp dress shirt, all rolled up into one.  God is so perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment