Thursday, December 22, 2022

One Sin


 

When the police stop me for speeding, I may say, “But officer, I stopped at the last five traffic lights not going through a single one!  And I used my turn signal each time that I changed lanes on the interstate today.  I came to a complete stop at the last three stop signs that I encountered.  And officer, I eased over when I passed an emergency vehicle that was stopped on the side of the road.”  But the truth is, the officer isn’t interested in how good I have been in the past.  The officer is only interested in the offence that I am guilty of at that moment.  And the same is true of the good Lord.  He doesn’t add up all of the good things that we have done in the past, He only knows that we reject the salvation freely offered to us by the sacrificial death of His dear Son, Jesus Christ.  And that one sin of rejecting Jesus Christ will condemn us for all eternity.  Paul explained it simply in Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”  We are working to do our best, but our wages only earn us death.  God offers us the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.  It’s so simple!  Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment