Monday, June 12, 2023

A New Country


 

There are two Christian radio stations here in Chattanooga that I listen to regularly.  By the way, you are what you listen to and you are what you watch (TV, movies, and internet).  Just think about that for a moment.  Anyway, there are several radio preachers that I enjoy, and David Jeremiah got me to thinking the other day.  He reminded me of the preparations that I make when traveling to a new country.  When I visited Perpignan, France four years ago, I went on the internet and looked up customs, foods, history, prices, weather, government, roads, … just generally anything that I might need to know about the place.  And not too many years from now, I will pass on to a country where I have never been before.  That country is heaven.  I will not be just visiting heaven; I will be emigrating there.  It will be my new country of citizenship.  So, I should spend some time investigating the details of the place called heaven, just like I investigated Perpignan, France.  Hey, are you going to spend eternity in heaven?  Do you know the details about your heavenly home?  Jesus promised to prepare a place in heaven for us and to personally guide us there.  Jesus said in John 14:2&3, “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”  What a comfort!  There are many details of heaven that are revealed in Revelation 21.  Hey, why not read about it today?  After all you will be spending a lot of time there.  Or will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment