Sunday, June 4, 2023

Glasses


 

I clearly remember the day that I realized that I needed glasses.  I was forty years old and trying to change a fuse in my car under the dash.  But I couldn’t get my head back far enough to see those little fuses.  The next day, I asked the optician what was wrong with my eyes.  He said, “You have had too many birthdays.”  Oh, well.  This morning, a screw came lose on one side of my glasses and the lens fell out.  I heard it fall, and suddenly, my vision was blurred.  I wonder why?!  As I looked on the wood-tone floor, I just couldn’t find that lens.  I stepped gingerly to the light switch, turned on the light, and finally found the lens.  It was complicated looking for a lens with glasses that were half blurred.  I needed the lens to find the lens!  Often in life, we don’t know what we don’t know.  We muddle through life thinking that we are doing what is right, but we don’t really know what is right.  We THINK that we know, but we are just guessing.  It’s like being lost but driving on hoping to find the right road.  Hey, what if we are going the wrong direction?!  We’ll never find the right road if we are driving away from the right road!  Solomon said in Proverbs 16:25, “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”  The verse seems hopeless, doesn’t it?!  But Jesus gives us hope.  Jesus said in John 14:6, “… I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  Jesus doesn’t just know the way, Jesus IS the way!  What a comfort!  Hey, if you follow Jesus, you will make it through the dangers in life, and you will make it safely to heaven someday.  Don’t worry, Jesus will see you through.  Just follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment