Friday, June 16, 2023

In Trouble Again


 

Have you ever gotten into trouble and just couldn’t seem to get out?  The more you tried, the worse it got?  I have … and I did yesterday.  Let me explain: when I open my facebook page, a friend suggestion ribbon runs across the bottom.  Yesterday I saw a middle school girl who had the same unusual last name as a student that I taught in the 1980’s.  So I sent her a friend request, and she accepted.  Then she sent me a message on messenger.  And I responded with “Hey, I taught your mother years ago.  Ask her about me.”  Evidently she did, but her mother sent back a scathing message warning me never to contact them again.  Either she didn’t recognize my name, didn’t take the time to investigate, was a total stranger with the same unusual last name, or didn’t like me when she was a student 45 years ago.  In any case, she blocked me from their messenger and facebook page.  I wanted to explain, but now I am blocked.  Hey, if they had just looked at my posts, they would have known I’m not a stalker.  What a bummer.  Paul wrote about avoiding misunderstandings in Romans 14:16, “Let not then your good be evil spoken of.”  He could just as well have spoken those words about me!  I am frustrated that I can’t explain myself.  But I will be more cautious when I send out a friend request the next time.  And … thanks for reading this.  I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment