Monday, June 5, 2023

Technology


 

Over the years, I have used three Bible programs, but settled on e-Sword.  I use it on my laptop and use the app on my phone as well.  It has the King James Version, which I use, and it has a King James Plus, which has Hebrew and Greek.  Often, words are translated with nuances of meaning that come to light in the Greek.  The e-Sword program on my computer has a French Bible as well as Spanish, Hungarian, Swahili, and Romanian.  Often, when writing to friends overseas, I can include verses in their native tongue.  We have families at our church who are refugees from Burundi that speak Swahili.  One of the older ladies can’t read or write.  But my sister, Patti, uses her laptop to follow our pastor’s messages, looks up the verses in Swahili, and then whispers them to Verena in real time.  Patti doesn’t understand the individual words that she is pronouncing, but Verena does.  Verena (who can’t read Swahili and barely understands English) can hear the wonderful words of the Scriptures in her own language!  Jesus said in Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”  Verena had a stroke just after Christmas this year and is homebound now.  But she has heard the wonderful words of life!  Keep her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment