Thursday, June 1, 2023

Long Handled Shoehorn


About a year ago, my grandson asked his mother, “Mamma, have you ever met anyone famous?  I mean other than Granddaddy.”  My chest just swelled with pride!  My grandson is a teenager now, and I wonder if he still thinks that granddaddy is great?!  Actually, my two grandsons think that I am clever.  A while back, they were poking around in the stuff on my dresser, and they found my long-handled shoehorn.  They had never seen a shoehorn, so I had to explain what it was.  They were immediately impressed with my old-school gadget.  Kids hate tying and untying shoes.  And what’s not to like about a shoehorn, especially a long-handled one that you don’t even have to reach down to use!  Solomon said in Proverbs 20:29, “The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the gray head.”  I envy the energy of my grandchildren and they envy my gray hair and wisdom … especially my old-man gadgets.  And I hope that they draw close to their granddaddy’s heavenly Father.  That’s my hope and that’s my focus.  May it be so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment