Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Blue Stains


This Saturday, we are going to pack twenty pallets for a trailer to send to Romania.  The young people from the Ukrainian Baptist church in Cleveland, Tennessee are going to help, but I have to collect twenty heat-treated pallets for them to use.  International shipments require pallets be treated to kill any boring beetles to prevent infestations.  I have been driving around Ringgold scavenging pallets wherever I can find them.  I went to the back of Penn Color Plastics Manufacturing and saw a man dumping scrap into the dumpster.  I asked him if I could have some heat-treated pallets, and he went to ask his boss.  When the boss, Justin, found out why I needed the pallets, he brought out a forklift to help me sort out the heat-treated ones.  He gave me a ratchet strap to hold the load of pallets on my little pickup truck.  Nice man.  But two of the pallets had a generous dusting of a powdery blue dye, which got onto my hands.  I had to stop at McDonald’s to wash my hands.  And when I got back into the truck, I noticed a dusting of the dye on the back of my seat, which had transferred onto my back.  By the time I got home, I had that powdery blue dye all over my clothes.  Fortunately, my “blue” jeans won’t be bothered by the blue stains, but my green tee shirt may become an unusual, new color.  Hey, I’m so glad that my black sins have been washed as white as snow by the red blood of Jesus Christ.  Isaiah said in Isaiah 1:18, “… though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”  Now if I can just remember not to wash anything else with my stained clothes …

 

No comments:

Post a Comment