Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Repurposed

 


Yesterday, I drove the kids at day camp to the Cumberland Youth Foundation pool.  On the way there, I noticed a vacuum cleaner out on the curb.  And on the way back, I could have sworn that it waved to me.  When I went back at noon to pick up the kids, my vacuum cleaner was still there smiling at me as I drove by.  And after I picked up the kids to take them back to day camp, the vacuum spoke to me.  It said, “Oh, please, give me a second chance!  I know you can fix me!”  So, when I parked the bus and got into my car to go home, I picked up my vacuum cleaner.  It smelled dirty, like I do after a hard day of work.  At home, I took my vacuum cleaner apart.  It had a two-stage vortex system with a foam outside filter and a pleated inside filter.  All of the parts got a good bath and air dry.  The attachment hose was clogged, and I could barely see the beater bar because of long, red hair wrapped around it.  The red-haired lady had blue, and green carpet because it too was wrapping the beater bar with the hair.  I unscrewed the shroud, took out the beater bar, cut off the hair and carpet strings, cleaned and washed all the parts and put my vacuum back together again.  I plugged it in, and it worked perfectly.  Hey, today’s kids are the throw-away generation.  My generation is the repair-it generation.  And I’m so glad that the dear Lord is in the repair business too!  God sent Jeremiah down to the potter’s house to get an education.  Jeremiah 18:4, “And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.”  I am so glad that the Lord didn’t throw away the clay.  I’m glad that the dear Lord remade Gerald Whitely into the vessel that God wanted him to be.  Hey, what about you?  Is God working on you?  Oh, please let Him have his way with you.  You’ll be glad that you did.  And, by the way, anyone want to buy a good vacuum cleaner?

No comments:

Post a Comment