Friday, June 2, 2023

Manners


 

I was taught manners by my parents and by my teachers in elementary school.  In sixth grade, Miss Gagean had a chart with each of our names on it and a blank box numbered for each Friday in the school year.  If I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, brought a handkerchief in my pocket each day of week up to Friday (honor system), I got an Ivory Soap sticker on Friday.  My stickers are long-gone, but I still have those good habits.  My dad added shaking hands firmly while looking the other person in the eye, standing up for a lady, and holding the door open for older people.  But lately, I have noticed people holding the door for me.  I wonder why?  Paul said in Ephesians 4:32, “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”  Hey, try being kind to someone today.  Use manners.  Hold the door, let someone ahead of you (even on the highway), give a smile, and say kind words.  And don’t forget those old people … because one of them might be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment