Saturday, June 3, 2023

Home


Years ago, my daughter bought this cute dish towel for my dear wife.  It had a mother duck embroidered on it with two little ducklings and said, “Home is where your mom is.”  But as I was folding clothes this morning, I saw this towel in a new light.  I thought of my mother who is in heaven right now.  Heaven is a real place where real people go when they pass on from this world into the next.  The apostle Paul had just such a longing.  He said in Philippians 1:23, “For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better.”  I too have a longing for my heavenly home.  Oh, I have things here on earth that I want to finish, goals that I want to accomplish, and loved ones whom I don’t want to abandon; but I have a longing that this world cannot satisfy.  I long to be with my mother, and my dear Lord - at home in heaven.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQan9L3yXjc

No comments:

Post a Comment