Monday, June 19, 2023

Life Is Short


 

Yesterday, I sent a happy birthday greeting to a high school friend from 1967.  As is my custom, I looked up his facebook page and scanned down through his pictures.  I like to take a trip down memory lane.  But I soon found a post from his wife wishing him a happy birthday in heaven.  Oops.  I quickly changed my post from birthday greetings to wonderful memories.  He was in my homeroom and one of a group of five of us who sat together.  I wasn’t close to him, but his passing reminded me of the brevity of my life.  David said in Psalm 90:10&12, “The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”  Five years ago, I had invited my friend to hear me speak on creationism at a church in Maryland, but he didn’t come to the service.  I hope that he knew the Lord as his Savior when he passed into eternity.  Good memories, Mr. David, rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment