Sunday, June 25, 2023

Feeder Down


The squirrels have been trying for years to get to my bird feeder.  Really.  So, today, they got their wish, but they don’t know what to do with it.  The limb that held the cable that held the bird feeder (with squirrel-proof shield), died and fell down last night.  But the squirrels can’t lift up the shield, and they are afraid to crawl under it.  They got their wish but can’t do anything with it.  Reminds me of myself when I am selfish with my prayer requests to the Lord.  I often ask amiss because I don’t know the future, nor what God is doing in His overarching plan.  I don’t know what’s best for me or for those who I am praying for.  The dear Lord, in His infinite wisdom, does not grant my selfish requests.  James said in James 4:3, “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.”  How much better it would be for me to pray, “Let your will be done, dear Jesus.”  After all, He knows what is best for all of us … even the squirrels.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment