Thursday, June 22, 2023

Michigan Tie


 

Monday evening, I parked my car and walked up the church ramp to the auditorium.  A visiting pastor attending our mission conference followed behind me and said, “I like your Michigan tie!”  I wasn’t wearing a “Michigan tie”, but I politely said, “Thanks,” and moved on.  I was not wearing a Michigan tie; I just happened to have on a blue and gold tie.  But to this visiting pastor, from Michigan, I was wearing a Michigan blue and gold tie.  When I wore my blue and orange tie, Brother Steve used to say, “Go Auburn!”  And as I scanned my ties this morning, I have a Tennessee orange tie, a Georgia red and black tie, and a Penn State blue and white tie.  I have a Clemson orange and purple tie, an Alabama crimson and white tie, and a North Carolina light blue and white tie.  But the truth is, I bought none of these ties for college colors, I just like bold striped ties.  The schools just happened to be associated with those colors.  But fans who support their favorite school just seem to notice their school colors when they see them.  Hey, when someone hears the name “Christian” associated with your name, does it ring true?  Are you identified with Jesus just like a blue and gold tie is identified with Michigan State?  Believers in Antioch were identified with Christ.  Acts 11:26, “… And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”  Hey, are you identified with Jesus Christ?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment