Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Bugs


My wife is a strong woman.  She had to be to put up with me for fifty-one years (fifty-two this coming October 2).  But my wife has her fears, and one of them is bugs.  If she sees any species of an insect, she yells for me, and I come running.  Literally.  I want her to know that I will protect her, at least from anything that has six, eight, or more legs.  And I can relate to Caleb, the son of Jephunneh.  Caleb and Joshua brought back a good report to Moses, who had sent out twelve men to spy out the Promised Land.  The other ten men were wimps and whimpered in Numbers 13:33 that “… we were in our own sight as grasshoppers ...”  In the eyes of the inhabitants of the Promised land, the ten spies felt like those bugs that I squish for my dear wife!  Caleb, however, tried to calm the fearful crowd.  Numbers 13:30, “And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.”  How was it that These two were not fearful?  Well, that’s because the Lord was with Caleb and Joshua, and they felt His presence.  Hey, when you feel fearful in life; when you feel pressures coming down upon you, take heart!  Don’t look at your problems; don’t look at the enemy; look to the Lord!  Take a lesson from Caleb, the son of Jephunneh and Gerald, the son of Billy: don’t be squished; be the squisher!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment