Wednesday, December 6, 2023

A Lesson from Socks

 


When I started cardiac rehab two months ago, I had to dust off my athletic sneakers (no jokes, please) and my white socks.  But the socks’ elastic was so old that they slouched down like Pete Maravich’s socks (just Google his picture if that name doesn’t compute).  I bought three pairs of new white socks with grey reinforced heels and toes.  Then a friend gave me three more pairs, but they were all white.  So, last week, as I was pairing my socks fresh out of the dryer, I came up with one grey-heeled sock and one all white sock.  I laid them on the dresser because I knew that with the next cycle of white clothes, their mates would turn up.  But after two baskets of white clothes, my orphan socks were still on the dresser.  Very strange.  But Monday, when I put on a pair of white socks for cardiac rehab, I found one grey-heeled sock inside an all-white sock paired with it.  Mystery solved.  I promptly paired the grey-heeled sock with the one on the dresser and put on both all-white socks.  How often do we see things a particular way but can’t see the solution because we fail to notice important details.  The problem could be solved if we would step back and re-evaluate things with a fresh, new look.  It has been said that insanity is doing things the same way but expecting different results.  Hey, give the Lord a chance at changing your life!  Don’t keep doing things the same old way.  II Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  Give the Holy Spirit the chance to make a change in your life!  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment