Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Warning

 


Let me pose a hypothetical situation: I am sitting in my backyard relaxing when I look through the chain link fence to see an unattended toddler walking towards a swimming pool.  To my horror, the child walks up to the pool edge and tumbles in.  What would I do?  What should I do?  I would scramble over that fence, no matter how high it was.  I would jump into the pool after that little child without thinking of my wallet, cell phone, or shoes.  I would risk everything to save that little life.  So, what about my neighbor who is lost and unrepentant to the Lord?  Is he not in eternal danger?  What should I do?  Should I get involved?  Should I plead with him?  Should I do everything within my power to show this neighbor the error of his ways and the danger ahead?  Ezekiel said it best in Ezekiel 33:8,9 “When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.”  I am responsible to warn the wicked man, but he is responsible to obey God.  But, what about you?  Are you warning folk about the danger ahead?  Or are you one of those who need to be warned?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment