Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Between the Lines

 


When I go to cardiac rehab, I get there early.  No, I mean really, really early, like when they open the doors at 6 am!  One benefit of going so early is that I can easily find a parking spot: no one is there!  But Memorial hospital has not restriped their parking lot in several years, so in the dark, I have difficulty seeing where the lines are.  And, although I can park anywhere that I like, when the day shift people arrive, they don’t want find my car halfway between the lines blocking two parking spaces.  So I must open my car door and look carefully to see where the faded lines are.  Then I must get out and look behind me so as not to straddle the line behind my car.  After cardiac rehab, when I return to my car in the daylight, I can see the lines clearly.  Hey, it’s easy to see in the daylight, but then it’s too late to do anything about it. Hey, Jesus said in John 12:46, “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.”  Jesus can keep my life “between the lines” and keep me on the right way.  Hey, let the dear Lord lead you today.  Don’t look back on your life with regrets.  Let Jesus, the light of the world, direct your steps.  Let the Lord Jesus Christ be your guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment