Sunday, December 31, 2023

Fake

 


A few of months ago, I bought a new truck … well, new to me, but it was eleven years old.  When I went to fill up with gas the first time, I panicked.  When I opened the gas tank door, it had a locking gas cap … and I didn’t have a key for it!  After a moment of thinking, I twisted the gas cap, and it opened right up.  It was locking but not locking: it was a scam.  It reminded me of Brother Florin’s old Citroen in Romania: the door didn’t lock.  But each time that we stopped, Brother Florin got out his ignition key and pretended to lock the door just in case a thief was watching us.  And like my locking gas cap, Brother Florin’s car looked locked, but wasn’t really locked.  Hey, are you a real Christian or just a fake Christian?  Do you love the Lord, or do you just look like you love the Lord?  Jesus said in John 10:27&28, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish …”  Hey, if you love the Lord you will obey the Lord.  And if I turn that statement around, it’s true also: if you don’t obey the Lord, you don’t really love the Lord.  Don’t be a fake like my gas cap and Brother Florin’s car lock; be a real Christian.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment