Thursday, December 14, 2023

Bad Decision

 


Well, I made a bad decision yesterday.  Let me explain.  For years, Home Depot has had a yardman who helped customers load their stuff into their vehicle.  Then he brought the carts back into the store and lined them up in the lumber and plywood aisles for the next customer.  But management figured out that if customers loaded their own stuff, they would leave the carts in the parking lot, and the next customers would bring the carts back into the store with them (or go back outside and get a cart when none were in the store).  One less employee (but a little less customer service).  But when I got to Home Depot yesterday morning at 7:30 am, there were no carts in the parking lot yet.  But I found a whole row of carts by the big loading door.  I cleverly thought to grab one and take it into the store with me.  What I failed to remember was that it had been 28° the night before.  But I remembered immediately when I laid my bare hands onto the cold metal cart.  I hope that I’m not as careless with my devotion to the Lord.  Psalm 28:7, “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment