Monday, December 11, 2023

The Potter's House

 


Our assistant pastor spoke Sunday night about the Lord sending the prophet Jeremiah to the potter’s house to learn some lessons.  As the potter was throwing a vessel, it was marred in his hands.  But the potter didn’t throw away the clay, he just reshaped it and remolded it into what he wanted it to be.  What a lesson!  I am so glad that the dear Lord gives me a second chance … and a third and a fourth and … well, you get it.  And God went on to say in Jeremiah 18:8 that if He planned judgement on a nation and that nation repented, God would withhold the judgement that He was planning.  But the Lord went on to say in verse 10, “If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.”  Hey, God’s blessing or judgement is dependent upon us!  It depends on our obedience or disobedience to God!  The story is told of a mischievous little boy who had caught a bird and was tormenting the terrified little thing.  A wise man noticed what was going on and approached the boy.  The boy quickly hid the bird behind his back.  So the man asked, “What do you have behind you?”  The boy replied, “A bird.”  Then with an evil grin, the boy went on, “I’ll bet you can’t tell me if the bird is dead or alive.”  The man thought.  If he said dead, the boy would produce the live bird.  But if the man said alive, the boy would squeeze the life out of the bird and produce a dead bird.  So the man wisely said, “It’s up to you.”  May I say to you, my friend, whether you are blessed of God or judged by God is up to you.  What will your life be today?  A life of obedience to God or a life of disobedience to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment