Saturday, December 16, 2023

Creature Comfort

 

Yesterday morning, I just realized how far I would go for my own comfort.  Our bedroom floor is above the garage and the outside temperature was 28° yesterday morning at 4:30 am!  Yikes!  So, when I put on my socks, I sat on the bed, pulled one foot out of the slipper, put a sock on it, and slid the slipper back on.  Then I pulled the other foot out of the other slipper, put the other sock on it, and slid the other slipper back on.  Then I put my pants on, slippers off and on, with the same care so as not to touch the cold floor.  After I was fully dressed, I put on my thermal sweatshirt and hat and hurried outside and started the car, making sure that the temperature was turned all the way to hot and the blower was on turbo.  Then I retreated back into the warm house congratulating myself on how fast I had moved.  Hey, I am so careful with my creature comforts, but am I as careful with my service to the Lord?  Sadly, I think not.  But it’s really quite simple: I John 4:19, “We love him, because he first loved us.”  We love the Lord because of His outrageous love for us first.  But are we as passionate in our service to Him?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment