Saturday, December 30, 2023

Witness

 


Whether you believe in predestination or free-will, one thing is for sure: God commands you to evangelize.  The last (and therefore most important) words of Jesus were recorded in Matthew 28:18-20, “… All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”  This is called the Great Commission, not the Great Suggestion.  Hey, have you handed out a gospel tract recently?  If you haven’t, may I kindly say to you that you aren’t obeying the clear command of Jesus Christ.  I made the next-to-the-last payment on our house today.  Yeah!  I always put my check in a gospel tract and put the tract behind the payment coupon and all three in the envelope.  It takes no extra postage, so the tract is delivered to the office in St. Louis for me for free!  I have done this for 29 11/12 years … a total of 359 times with only one left!  Each time I pray that the right person will get the tract, read it, and make a decision that will change their life!  Only heaven will reveal the impact of those little gospel witnesses.  Hey, be a witness for the Lord today.  But if you can’t quite bring yourself to speak out for God, at least hand out a tract.  Who knows, you may make a change in someone’s life … a change for eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment