Sunday, December 3, 2023

Stay in Your Lane

 


In the early 60’s (before I moved to the Chattanooga area), Interstate 24 was built cutting through the Brainerd community.  Five bridges were built spanning the highway connecting the five main roads in the area.  N. Terrace and S. Terrace were added on either side of the highway to facilitate local traffic.  In the early 70’s. Calvary Independent Baptist Church grew on N. Terrace (I have been a member since 1980).  TDOT recently began widening the highway and lengthening the five bridges.  Three were completed in 2021, and the middle two are under construction right now.  And what a mess!  New lane changes, traffic signals, and closures abound.  Drivers not familiar to the changes are frustrated often having to drive out of their way to get to their destination … and arriving late!  Newbies stop when they shouldn’t and find themselves in the wrong lane having to merge at the last minute.  I try to be patient with hesitant drivers ... most of the time (if you know what I mean).  It reminds me of how patient the dear Lord is with me on my spiritual journey.  I often make the wrong turn in life and ignore the Lord’s warning signs.  But if I stay in the lane that God has assigned me to be in, I will avoid problems.  David said in Psalm 19:9-11, “The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.”  God doesn’t make rules just to restrict His people, He warns His servants in the Bible to keep them safe.  And if we heed the dear Lord’s warnings, we will be safe and we will be blessed!  Yes, we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment