Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Misplaced Pocketknife

 


Our dear friend Jason came over Saturday with his family, and we had a sweet time of fellowship.  Jason is a missionary to the Dominican Republic, and he is in town visiting his mother here in Ringgold.  But after they all left, Jason’s mom texted me and told me that he couldn’t find his lock-blade pocketknife.  She asked me to look in the cushions in the recliner.  Sure enough, it was there.  So Sunday morning, I put the knife in my pocket to take it to Jason at church.  But when I was downstairs getting a shirt out of the dryer, I got a tiny metal shard in my hand.  Bummer!  So I got out my pocketknife to get the splinter out.  But two weeks prior, my grandson had broken off the tip of my knife.  The knife was still sharp, but I couldn’t get at the shard without the point.  Then I remembered Jason’s knife.  I pulled it out, unfolded it, sharp point and all, and easily removed the splinter.  Perfect timing with Jason losing it in my recliner.  Hey, when the Christ-child was born, it was perfect timing.  God had prepared the world for the birth of His own dear Son!  The details were spot on to fulfill prophecy!  Galatians 4:4&5, “But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.”  Thank you, dear Lord for the unspeakable gift of Jesus Christ!  And thank you Jason for the unintended loan of your knife.  Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment