Saturday, December 23, 2023

Prayer

 

Cardiac rehab can be tedious.  The stationary bicycle for fifteen minutes seems like an eternity.  The rowing machine for ten minutes is brutal.  And the treadmill (at 12%) for ten minutes is unending.  So, the dear Lord gave me insight to make the unbearable bearable: pray while I’m exercising.  I pray for my family on the stationary bicycle.  I pray for my married children, their spouses, their spouse’s parents, their spouses siblings, their spouses siblings spouse’s families, their spouse’s families’ children … it comes to a hundred people easily!  On the rowing machine, I pray for my church family.  My mind goes down the right side of the church auditorium, past the musicians and pastor, and back up on the left side to the sound booth.  On the treadmill, I pray for missionaries, past church members, and friends.  I ask the dear Lord to bring peoples’ names to my recollection who need special prayer … and He does!  Hey, feel free to forward any prayer needs that you have to me (on facebook messenger) and I will pray for those too!  Ephesians 6:18, “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.”  Did you notice that ‘always’ and ‘all’ occur four times in this one verse?!  Do you think that the Lord is wanting us to pray for everyone?  Yes, He is!  And for the 45 minutes that I am at cardiac rehab, that’s exactly what I’m going to do!  Hey, why not join me in prayer this morning?  It will help those that you are praying for, and it will help you too!  Yes, it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment