Sunday, December 17, 2023

Time Flies!

 


Each year I promise myself that I am not going to be so busy the next Christmas season.  And here I go, just as busy as the last.  So, Saturday evening, I went into Walmart to pick up a few last-minute items for our Sunday School Christmas breakfast.  I needed a gallon of milk, so I pulled my usual trick: I looked for the furthest date on the milk jugs so that the milk would last longer in my refrigerator.  And suddenly it hit me!  The date was 01-01-24 on the milk jug!  Where has the year gone?!  It seems like just a few weeks ago it was Labor Day, and now it’s almost New Year!  It reminded me of my oldest daughter growing up.  I saw her go into junior high and then high school.  And as I watched, she went through all of the stages until she graduated from high school and went off to college.  Then suddenly, I noticed my second born who was already a junior!  When did that happen?!  And how did that happen?!  My how time flies!  David realized the brevity of time and he said in Psalm 90:12, “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”  Hey, squeeze each day to get everything out of it that you can, because you will never get it back!  Life is fleeting … use it wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment