Thursday, December 15, 2016

Ecclesiastes 10:10



Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength ... Years ago, I worked for an old widow, Mrs. Vogel. She had a mansion built in 1770 with 50 acres of property. In the summers, I worked full time for her. In the fall, winter, and spring, I worked on Saturdays and holidays. In those days before Weed-Eaters, I used a sickle to whack back the honeysuckle vines. Mrs. Vogel gave me a good piece of advice, which I am passing on to you. She said, “You are not wasting time when you stop to sharpen your sickle.” Why was that saying true? Well, when you stop to sharpen your sickle, you are not cutting weeds, but when you stop to sharpen your sickle, you can cut more weeds in less time. And, if you don’t take the time to sharpen your sickle, you will have to use more energy to cut the same weeds with your dull sickle. Obviously a waste of time. So, when you are working, every once in a while, stop and think – think how you can be doing your job better, or easier, or faster. Here is another good quote, “Work smarter; not harder.”

No comments:

Post a Comment