Thursday, December 22, 2016

Song of Solomon 2:10-12



Song of Solomon 2:10-12 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; Once again, we see the tenderness of Solomon’s love for his wife, the Shunamite woman. She loves him and he loves her. Is that the relationship that we have with Jesus Christ? Do we love Him and His Word? Our verses tell of the passing of the cold, dark winter and the coming of the new springtime. But I have never heard a turtle sing, have you? So, when I looked up the word turtle in the Hebrew dictionary, it was the same word as turtledove used 14 times in the Old Testament. The Shunamite woman was in love with Solomon, her beloved husband. And because she was in love, everything was wonderful! The weather seemed better; flowers looked lovelier; the birds chirped happier. Even the turtledoves sounded lovelier. So, is that they way we feel about our dear Lord Jesus Christ? Do we love Him? Is the world a better place because of Jesus? I hope so. Jesus makes everything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment