Friday, December 2, 2016

II Corinthians 12:7-9



II Co 12:7-9 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. In the Bible, there are three heavens. Can you list them? The first heaven is the atmosphere where the birds and clouds are. The second heaven is outer space where the sun, moon, and stars are. And the third heaven is the abode of Almighty God. When Paul was taken up into the third heaven, he had to come back here to earth to work for God. And God had to give him a physical infirmity to remind him that he was back on earth. Paul asked the Lord three times to remove this physical problem, but God said, “No, Paul. My grace is enough to get you through this problem.” And it was. Can you imagine the Apostle Paul praying for a problem? I am sure God heard Paul’s prayers, aren’t you?! But God didn’t answer Paul’s prayer; God gave Paul the grace to go through his problem. So when you pray to God to answer a need, remember that God is in control. He can answer, but He might not. God is in charge. He will do what He wants to do. Our job is to trust and to pray and to go on serving God. Remember, God’s grace is sufficient. He will take us through every problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment