Thursday, March 12, 2020

Bedtime Prayers


Do you remember the little prayer that you first learned to say when you knelt beside your bed?

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

King David prayed a prayer just like that when he laid down to sleep almost three thousand years ago. Psalm 4:8 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.” Just as the dear Lord watched over David and kept his enemies at bay while David slept, God will watch over you as you sleep. Hey, only two things can happen when you go to sleep. Either you will wake up in the morning or you will not wake up in the morning. If you wake up in the morning, good for you. If you don’t wake up in the morning, you will wake up in heaven. Again, good for you. That is, if you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior. If you don’t know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and you don’t wake up in the morning, well, …
Hey, tonight would be a good night to kneel down beside your bed and accept Jesus as your Savior. Really. Do it tonight, because you may not wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment