Sunday, March 22, 2020

Missing Church


So, it is church time and here I am at home.  Pastor Jamie made the right decision (my opinion) to cancel church today.  I just think we need to listen to our President.  Anyway, if you are reading this, you are not at church for one of two reasons:  either your church was cancelled, or you don’t go to church regularly.  To the first, welcome to the club.  To the second, you are reading my post and I will take the opportunity to preach at you.  :<)  My mother and father began taking me to church when I was three weeks old.  I can count on one hand the number of Sundays that I have not been in church in these seventy years!  This record is not because of me, it is because my parents trained me from an early age.  I missed one Sunday when I had the mumps in 1959.  I missed one Sunday when we were traveling in Switzerland and no church was available there in the mountains.  So that is five Sundays, and now I am missing church today.  Wow!  So, my word for you today is simple: God is in control.  We can relax under His tender care or we can be fearful because we are in the universe all by ourselves.  That is your choice.  Do things God’s way or do things your way.  Go ahead and be independent.  Do things your own way.  But when you come to the end of your life, sooner or later, and you face death, remember.  You are still on your own.  Let that sink in.  hey, during this Corona Virus pandemic would be a good time to surrender to the dear Lord and let Him be your boss.  David said in Psalm 91:1&2, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”

No comments:

Post a Comment