Saturday, March 7, 2020

Control Your Temper


Have you ever wanted to give someone a “piece of your mind”?  I have.  And it’s usually when I am driving.  Tonight I was going to church, and driver refused to let me merge as I-75 went from two lanes into one lane merging onto I-24.  Everyone else was merging every-other car, but this jerk squeezed me out of my turn.  He gained one car-length, every bit of two seconds.  And I wish that I could have given him a piece of my mind.  Here I was doing so good, on my way to church, when this driver had to push my button.  But tonight, Pastor Jamie read from Ephesians 4:29, “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”  Why does the Holy Spirit have to speak to me like that?!  It would seem that God knows exactly what I am doing and what is going on in my life.  And then I thought, what if that other driver showed up at church tonight?  Would I give him a piece of my mind?  Would I say the right thing?  Would I guard my tongue?  I hope so!  Hey, how about you?  Are you like me trying to control your tongue?  Or are you like that other driver carelessly pushing other people around causing anger to bubble up?  Why not let the dear Lord be in control of your temper.  After all, He made it, didn’t He?

No comments:

Post a Comment