Monday, March 23, 2020

Forbearing


Last week I walked into Chick fil-A and a family was coming out (before they were drive-thru only).  So, I held the outside door open for the lady and her two kids.  Then I noticed her husband holding the inside door open for me.  I motioned him out saying, “No, you go.”  But he stood firm holding the inside door and replied, “No, you go, please.”  I was being kind to him, and he was being kind to me.  It reminded me of Ephesians 4:2, “With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;”  The apostle Paul reminds us to be kind one to another.  The word, “forbearing” is a picture of me and that man each holding the door open for the other.  We were both being “kind one to another”.  Hey, have you been kind to someone today?  Kindness is becoming rare.  Why not revive it?  It might be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment