Monday, March 2, 2020

Steward


My mother passed away September 16, 2018 and I was named the executor of her estate.  There was not a lot of money, but there were many details for which I was not prepared.  As I began, I realized I needed help, and I contacted a lawyer.  Everything that I did had to be weighed carefully and documented.  My sister and brother were named with myself in the will and I had to be careful as I was acting on their behalf.  We three get along well, but I wanted to do everything right.  The pressure that I felt was because the money that was involved wasn’t mine.  I was just the custodian of it.  And I had to give an account of how I spent it and how it was used.  I was a steward of that money.  Hey, we are stewards for everything in this life because everything that we have has been given to us on loan from God.  Our life belongs to God.  Our talents belong to God.  Our children belong to God.  Hey, everything belongs to God.  Paul reminds us in I Corinthians 4:1 & 2, “Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”  Our primary job as a steward of God’s resources is to be faithful.  Not perfect, but faithful.  So, read your Bible today to find out what your responsibilities are and, to the best of your abilities, be faithful - to your family, to your country, and to your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment