Thursday, March 19, 2020

Close Church?


I got a text from our pastor that we are canceling church Wednesday evening.  He was conflicted about the decision.  I texted him back and said, “I agree with your decision.  Our President has asked no gathering of more than 10 people, and I think that we should honor that request.”  We have a testimony at Calvary since we are within sight of Interstate 24.  People have seen our testimony over the years, and now they will see the testimony of an empty parking lot on Wednesday evening.   We aren’t being asked to stop church; we are being asked to help stop the Corona virus.  And that’s a good thing.  This was the decision of our pastor and I agree.  You may do something different at your church for a different reason, and that is your choice.  Paul reminds us in Romans 14:12, “So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”  What a great reminder:  I answer to God for me and you answer to God for you.  We are all the servants of God and answer directly to God and Him alone.  That is if you belong to Him.  Hey, are you a servant of God?  Today would be a great time to make that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment