Sunday, March 15, 2020

Waiting on the Lord


Have you ever had a bad waiter at a restaurant?  OK, all of you please put your hands down.  Have you ever had a really good waiter at a restaurant?  Ye, I see those two hands.  They are rare, aren’t they?  I had “Kevin” wait on me at Cracker Barrel in East Ridge a few weeks ago.  He was awesome.  He didn’t ask if I wanted lemon for my iced tea, he brought lemons in a bowl WITH the iced tea.  And with the iced tea, he brought extra napkins just in case we might need extra napkins.  He remembered who ordered what and everything was correct.  He didn’t ask if I wanted a refill, he just refilled my tea because he was attentive.  One trip he turned the pitcher sideways to shake a little extra ice into my glass, and the next time he used the narrow pour spout to dispense tea only because I already had enough ice.  You see, Kevin is called a “waiter” because he was “waiting” on me.  He wasn’t waiting for my food to come out of the kitchen; he was waiting on me by attending to my needs.  Kevin knew my needs even before I knew what my needs were.  Hey, we are told in Psalm 27:14 to “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”  Again, we aren’t to sit around and wait until the dear Lord decides to do something in our lives; we are to attentively be looking to God anticipating His next desire so that we can be doing it.  Let’s take this waiting thing to another level.  Like Kevin, let’s really wait on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment