Friday, March 13, 2020

Spiritual Termites

Several years ago, I did some work for a lady on Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga.  She had a floor that was sagging in the middle.  So, I went down to her crawlspace basement to investigate.  Several floor joists were cracked in the middle.  So I took out my pocket knife and began poking around.  And everywhere I poked, the blade went right in - there was termite damage.  Back at the ends of the joists were telltale termite tunnels down the side of the concrete blocks to the dirt below.  The termites had devoured the soft part of the wood on the inside just to the outside edge of the boards.  On the outside, the wood looked good, but on the inside, the wood was completely destroyed.  Hey, often churches fall prey to internal damage as well.  A visitor sees only smiles and sweet words, but on the inside, members are be fighting and bickering and devouring one another.  Paul said in Galatians 5:15, “But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.”  The church of Jesus ought to be a safe place.  We ought to love one another.  So, do we?  Better yet, do I love my fellow church members?  Do you love your fellow church members?  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment