Saturday, March 28, 2020

Digital Thermometer


I have had a hard time finding batteries for a little flashlight that I have.  It has three teeny tiny button batteries and I can barely read the numbers.  I ordered what I thought was the right cross-referenced battery on Amazon.  But when they came in, they were too small.  $21.83 and too small.  So I sent them back.  I looked online again and found another replacement candidate.  Ten batteries for $4.95.  A much better deal, and they ended up fitting.  Problem solved.  Yesterday, my dear wife woke up with a low-grade fever.  The thermometer said 100.4°.  The nurse at dialysis sent her home with medication and orders to check her temperature at 1pm and 5pm.  I wasn’t confident in our old digital thermometer, so I stopped by CVS to pick up another one.  Wrong.  They were sold out.  And so were the next three pharmacies that I checked!  No thermometers anywhere!  But we needed a thermometer today!  At home, I opened our thermometer to see what size battery it took so that I could order one on Amazon.  It was a GP-192, the same as LR-41 the exact one that I already had for my little flashlight!  There are hundreds of sizes of hearing aid/watch batteries.  But I just happened to have a perfect match just when I needed it.  Coincidence?  I don’t think so.  Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”  By the way, my wife is doing much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment