Sunday, July 5, 2020

Fake Flowers


Several months ago, I thanked a lady at church for the beautiful flower arrangement on the communion table.  She smiled and said regretfully, “They’re fake.”  I’m not sure if she was apologizing for her “fake” flowers or felt sorry for me that I was fooled by her “fake” flowers.  Hey, do you know any “fake” Christians?  They look good on the outside.  They may even fool some pagan people.  But they don’t fool God.  They may look good on the outside, but they are worthless on the inside.  Jesus said of them in Matthew 7:22&23, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”  It isn’t what you look like on the outside.  It isn’t even the good things that you do.  It’s the relationship that you have with your Creator.  Hey, are you a “fake” Christian or a real Christian?  Only you know.  You and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment