Tuesday, July 28, 2020

It's Hot


It has been so hot lately.  Today I had to help a friend outdoors, so I got up at 6am to avoid some of the heat.  I worked until 11am, came home, took a shower, and laid down for a half hour.  After lunch, I was back at it at 2pm.  And it was even hotter!  The noonday heat reminded me of the woman of Sychar in John 4 who came out at noon to carry water.  But why would she come to the well at the hottest part of the day?  The only logical reason was that she wanted to avoid the other women of the city.  This woman had been married multiple times and was currently living with a man.  I’m sure she got plenty of cold stares from the other self-righteous ladies.  But Jesus was not deterred.  He cared for her soul.  He asked her all the right questions, gave her all the right answers, and turned her life around.  The woman ended up telling everyone about Jesus.  She said in John 4:29, “Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?”  Jesus truly is the Christ: The Savior of the world!  This streetwise woman recognized it, and I hope I recognize it too!  And I hope I will share this Good News with other people in my world.  Hey, that’s what I am doing right now!  Hey, why don’t you share it too?!

No comments:

Post a Comment