Saturday, July 25, 2020

Only a Rehearsal


I remember Friday evening October 1, 1971 when I looked into the eyes of Kathy Papastavro at Ambassador Baptist Church.  I walked into the church a single man and walked out of the church … a single man.  That’s right, because Friday night was only our wedding rehearsal.  And I left a single man that night because I did not make a commitment to Kathy.  I just went through the motions of getting married.  The next day, October 2, 1971, before everyone and God, I said my wedding vows and made a commitment to Kathy saying, “til death do us part.”  Only then was I really married.  Hey, that’s the way it is with Jesus Christ and salvation.  You may go to church and live a good moral life, but until you make that commitment to become a Christian, you are NOT a Christian.  You are just going through the motions of being a Christian.  Paul said in Romans 10:9, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”  If you do what Jesus said to do, you will be saved.  Everything else is just going through the motions; it’s just a rehearsal.  Hey, Make your decision.  Don’t put it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment