Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Problems


I hand out “Order of Service” sheets at church so that the piano and organ players and pastor Jamie can be informed.  After the service, these papers become trash and accumulate on the front pew at church.  So, last Sunday morning I picked them up and went to the men’s restroom to throw them away.  But the trash can in the men’s restroom was full.  So, I picked up the trash can and carried it into the fellowship hall to empty it into a bigger trash can.  But the big trash can didn’t have a plastic liner in it.  So, I had to go to the kitchen to get a trash bag, but the kitchen was locked.  So, I was holding the papers in one hand, the small trash can in the other hand, and trying to get my keys out of my pocket.  So I put the small trash can down, got the key, opened the door, turned on the light, got the trash can liner, put it in the trash can, turned off the light, emptied the small trash can into the big trash can and, finally, threw away the papers.  Then I went back into the auditorium where I was late for the service.  Oh well … Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 9:10, “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might …”  Don’t be weary; finish the job; do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment