Monday, July 6, 2020

Injured Knee


A year and a half ago, I injured my right knee.  I’m not sure how I did it, but one day I was climbing up a ladder and the next day I couldn’t.  After X-ray and CT scan, I was sent to an orthopedic surgeon for … you guessed it, knee surgery.  I had to stay off my knee for six weeks.  No weight bearing at all.  After a day on crutches, I had to add extra padding because my arms were killing me.  I had cramps in my left knee because it had to carry more weight.  My back and shoulders hurt from new actions used in keeping my rhythm using crutches.  Because one knee was injured and not working properly, the rest of my body had to take up the slack and work to compensate for my hurting knee.  I didn’t realize how much I depended on my right knee!  Hey, that’s how it is with the church - the Body of Christ.  When one member is out of sorts, the other members have to fill in the gap.  When one member is miffed and doesn’t do their part, the rest of the members have to step up and do double duty.  Hey, in church, we need everyone helping!  When one is missing, we all suffer!  Paul said in Romans 12:5, “So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.”  Whether it’s a knee or a member in a church, every part is important.  Hey, don’t leave church.  Don’t quit on the other members.  They need you ... and you need them.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment