Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Bacause I Said So


I saw a tee shirt that said, “Because I said so, and I’m the parent!”  I’m sure that mother had heard a hundred times from her child, “But why?!”  The reason I know that is because that is what I said the hundredth time when my four children said, “But Why?!”  Actually, “because I’m the parent” is a good answer, but it is not the best answer.  As our children grow, they need to know the why when they hear us tell them the what.  Young children need to be trained just like a puppy, but older children need to be taught and listened to before they are answered.  Hey, the same is true of Bible doctrine.  The next generation needs to know what the Bible says about abortion, about LGBTQ, and about pre-marital sex.  But they also need to see from the Bible why sin is wrong.  Why sin is not in their best interest.  The old apostle Peter said in I Peter 3:15, “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.”  We should not only teach Bible facts, but also teach Bible principles.  Let’s gain the next generation, not just preach at them.  Let’s talk Bible truth, not just Bible rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment